Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday in Maltese l-Erbgħa


Hi All!



How is your Wednesday?

It has been an overcast, then sunny, then overcast again and finally sunny once more this afternoon here in Bloubergstrand today!  It is cold today here too!  The one constant weather wise today!

I put the picture of the Avia 747SP on today's blog posting as the 747SP was my favourite aircraft type. I say was as there are not many of them still flying, these days.  It was the aesthetic look as well as the fact that it (this aircraft type), flew at a very high altitude getting you there in less time!  The last time I flew on one of them (a Boeing 747SP aircraft) it was still in African Alliance (They leased aircraft from SAA and are no longer operational) livery and it was an SAA flight from Johannesburg to Perth in 1997! I went with my "brother" Yogi to an Avia Petrol Station in Switzerland- I guess it was not related? One of reasons South Africa's first deregulated Long Haul airline with flights from Johannesburg to London Gatwick airport did not survive was because apparently their caterers at Gatwick lost one of their meal service carts!  It could have been their lack of a CRS (Computerized Reservation System) all reservations were apparently kept in books!  The old fashioned way!  Personally I think its because they were competing with our national airline on their most profitable route, London?

There was no St. Luke's Hospice shop volunteering for me today, we (mom and I) are still waiting for a roof repair man who said that he would be here by latest 2 pm today!  It is 13:50 at the moment, and they are still not here!

Romeo, the cat next door, was here early this morning, as usual!  As soon as his real owners, next door leave at around 7:30 in a morning, he is meeowing at my Bathroom Window for his second breakfast?

I always find it a bit sad when you have to say Good bye to somebody, wether it be a long absence or you will meet again next week!

So on that "happy" thought, I will say to y'all have a fantastic day until tomorrow!

Signing of for my 3 blogs.

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day