Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Helen! - Pen-blwydd Hapus Helen!





Hi all!  How is your Sunday?

Today it is my sister, Helen's 38th Birthday.  Have a super day! Gosh where did the time go? I remember her 11th Birthday Party, maybe the memory is from a photo we have, but I seem to recall some of this event in my memory.

It started off cold and overcast this morning.  The sun was out for an hour or so earlier, this afternoon, however  it is freezing cold and cloudy once more this mid afternoon.
Oh well, life goes on!

Our Parish priest told us a funny joke, after mass at church today.  It is not often that you remember priest's joke's as they are mostly silly, but our current Priest is funny when he tells jokes!  They are looking for money from the parishoners once again at church, why do churches always bring up the money issue?  Anyway there's a 50 cent piece and a R200 note talking to each other about where they have been since the last time they met.  The R200 note has been to all these exotic places but the 50 cent piece says he has mostly been to church!  In other words people do not give too much money to churches!  And there's us all thinking that the Catholic church is one of the wealthiest churches in the world!  Where does the money go?  Maybe it is none of our concern?  Give and you shall receive?

Romeo, next door's cat has been in and out all day, as usual.  I think he is outside presently as I have not seen him in a while,

Elaine, gave me a voucher to redeem at her Spa and a box of chocolates yesterday afternoon when she came for a visit, for the pamphlets I distributed for her Spa.  I can't believe she got so many bookings from the pamphlets I posted in my neighbours letter boxes.  Statistically if you put 100 brouchers out you will get about 8 or 9 people interested in your product/service. I guess the fact that most of my neighbours are her clients at the Spa helps? Statistics are never accurate anyway!  or at least that's what my marketing book told me, when I did a correspondence course a few years ago.

Anyway I seem to have run out of things to put on today's blogs.

So I guess I will have to say adieu to you!  Have a super Sunday further folks!

Signing off for all my blogs for today.

Ciao
DAVE

P.S.Anybody think that I can take a sleeping bag on my upcoming long haul flights?  I get so uncomfortable on long haul flights and the little blankets they put on your seat in the plastic wrapping could not even fit a 12 year old!  Just a thought.  Only positive suggestions from my blog readers will be read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day