Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Sundrenched Saturday

I love chocolate.  While in Europe last month, I tried to not eat any chocolate and I succeeded! If chocolate is not  on your mind you don't want it!?!  I had one piece of my Aunt Margaret's Galaxy bar  in the UK and no more, apart from a little chocolate bar in my Nephews stash of Sweets, I lost 2 or 3 KG not eating chocolate and rushing around for public transport in Europe.  Now I am back home in South Africa, I am trying but not to eat any.  If I start eating the stuff I always want more!



Today's weather, this pic from the newspaper was the right way when I scanned and cropped it but my blog editor turned it upside down!  Really!  Sunny and warm here today!  Lovely!

One of my blog followers sent me a whole pile of photos he took on the streets of New York.  I guess it would be rude not to use them?  I really like them too but I was last in America in 1983 age 2/3, so any of these black and white photos from NY  you know I wasn't the photographer!


My mom and sister Claire in Amsterdam, this photo was taken 2 days before we flew home from Amsterdam, while on the way to meet my friend Jaqui,  I took it with my Mobile phone's camera.  A good pic!
_____________________________________________________________________
Hi all!  How is your last Saturday for October 2012?

The bacon salad I made for dinner last night was scrumptious. Really easy to make too,  and I suppose you could use Turkey Bacon if Pork is not your thing!  Warm Bacon Salad

Apparently women who smoke shorten their lifespan by 20 years!  A reason not to puff away.  I am very anti-smoking, why?  I used to sit next to a man having chemotherapy for lung cancer at the Oncology Centre.  I only saw him for 3 or 4 weeks and then no more.  Smoking really gives me a bad head if somebody is smoking near me too!  It is equated to breathing in the  fumes from your exhaust pipe of your car (the toxins in cigarettes) So why, oh why would you do it?

Mom and I went to Eden on the Bay this morning and rented the DvD "30 minutes or less" it sounds like a good film.  The car guard said I haven't seen you for a while, welcome back.  His name is Freddy and I know his name because we are there quite often and so I asked him his name.    The cashier in Pick 'n pay said I have not seen you around for a while, how are you?  So I am well known I guess.   A bit of a local celeb?  I guess you couldn't miss me if you saw me, I am unique!   A good thing!

Anyway folks it's been swell having y'all reading my blog postings.  Please continue reading them and come back for more?  Tell 10 friends?  I have said this before however,I really do think the power of ten is super, tell ten friends and if they tell 10 more people about my blogs well who knows I could be a supper dupper blogger?

Signing off

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day