Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

A note for Saturday



My Aunty and Mom saw this book for sale one day in Scarborough, when I was there last month.  It has my Grandad, John Roddam and his barge The Tony in the list of Bargemen.   A book to keep!   

The bargemen were called Pilots, here are two of the other kind of pilots!
Hi all!  How is your Saturday?  Last Saturday I was in a cold and rainy Amsterdam, today I am in a warm and sunny Cape Town.  The difference in weather is huge! Last week I had a jacket on and a woolly hat, today I have a T-shirt on, and it is still a bit cool so I do have jeans on!  But hey I got sunshine a major bonus?!?

I loved seeing all my family during my time in The Netherlands and England.  If only they had better weather?  It is like the comedian said freezing outside but a furnace inside, you never ever feel comfortable, you are either too cold or too hot.

I published a blog post to my religious blog, whichwa, this morning and I must still post to my recipe blog.
 I cooked chicken curry for dinner last night.  I so love being in a kitchen and cooking.  Last night's curry was one of those really simple curry sauce in a packet jobs.  It was delicious though.  No chutney is as good as Mrs. Balls chutney made in South Africa by SAD.  The chutney in England has a "different"  flavour even though it had basically the same ingredients.  (must be the sunshine, but the chutney was made in India, the one I had with my  Curry's at my aunty Margaret's home, in Scarborough, North England).

I finished my unpacking on Thursday and now only the memories of good times remain!  Till next time?

Unfortunately that is all for today's blog posting to these three blogs, yes it is the same text content I paste and copy, but do notice the subtle differences between my three daily blogs, alifenotlikeyours, myamazingjournee and dave-another blog?!?  The layout, and content?  It takes me an hour to type 1 small blog posting, it must be the bt thing that slowed me down!  Not complaining, my life has been amazing since 1997 the differences in my two lives, before 1997 and after are huge.  I never thought or wanted to have to take passenger disabilty when flying and did not until 3 years ago, it does help  tremendously though, when I get tired from anything I feel a bit unco-ordinated.  At my Aunty Mary's 60th party  in Leeds I had to retire to bed early and be a party pooper.  A cup of Coffee really helps me to restore my energy levels and re-awaken my brain which starts shutting down at night.  Anyway lets not bore my blog readers for today!

Signing off

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day