Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday mention

I only read 1 or 2 books on average per year, books are not really my thing!  Easier to watch the book when it becomes a movie?


I so prefer my twitter to FB

Two weeks and the US elections will have decided who the new president of the USA is!  Go Mitt!  My presidential candidate for the next term of office.
Hi all of my daily/weekly/monthly or otherwise blog readers.

It is a delightful, sunny and warm day, here in the Western Cape today.  This morning I saw the cold grim morning in London, on Sky News, during a live crossing to their journalist there.  Been there, done that (cold and wet European weather) until next time!  It is 32 degrees C on Wednesday!!!! (just reported on E news, I was watching the E-news channel in Scarborough one morning, interesting how the world is so localized these days, you can watch a news channel broadcast from South Africa in the north of England!  Aye up?

My Aunty Mary phoned from Leeds this morning, to tell us that she got the Happy Birthday Messages we left on her answering machine yesterday.  She has been celebrating her birthday for months now.  The day after her party at the Village Hotel, in Leeds, we had a celebration at her home in Holt Park.  (I have always loved her home, it is so neat and compact and there is always a warm and friendly atmosphere there!)  She said, "when you are planning events like a big birthday celebration, you have to decide if after it is all over was it worth it, you get a tremendous let down when all the celebrating is over, but it's always better to celebrate occasions than not to."  I agree.   Anyway it is cold, wet and windy in Leeds today.  BRRR

Tomorrow it is off to 248 Blouberg Road for my 3 hour, 10am until 1pm volunteering job.  I visited three or four charity shops while I was in the UK, there are so many of them in England. Our shop at 248 is on a par with the shops I visited, but I do think we need a computer (for sales, it keeps a more accurate account?) and a fitting room (we did have one, but we had to let it go, as we have just too many shoplifters if there is a fitting room!  Why?  Somebody once said to me, "but it is a charity shop, so why do people take goods without paying for them?"  Maybe they think charity means mahala (free)?

Well that is all the pearls of widom from me for today.  Have a super day further folks!

Signing off for alifenotlikeyours, myamazingjournee and dave-anotherblog for this afternoon.

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day