Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last August Sunday scribbling for 2012




We all pass away eventually. RIP Neil. His family said if you wink at the moon you will see Neil smiling down at you.  A really nice thought!

In the late 90's I watched, Aeroflotski, it is a TV Documentary all about the new airlines in the former soviet union.  Passengers had to pay the fuel bill before their flight was permitted to leave Kampchadka for Moscow, even though they had already bought a ticket!  Last week I went into a local travel agency to ask about their travel insurance policies.  The travel agent asked me who mom and I are flying to Europe with.  When I said KLM she decided airline failure insurance was a must!  KLM, ALITALIA, AIR FRANCE and NORTHWEST AIRLINES all "joined" together a few years ago, each one kept their own identity but this joining together made them stronger financially!  Well in theory anyway.  I am not paying for my fuel folks once I have already bought and paid for a ticket, so nobody look at me!

Hi all!  How is your day?

It has been cold and cloudy all day today.  A unique South African problem?  We had no electricity from 10pm until 10am here in Bloubergstrand.  I love, not, having to use the loo at night and wetting the floor because there is no light and it is pitch black with darkness!  (no light coming in from street lights either!)  Thank you for doing Load Shedding for 12 hours in Bloubergstrand last night ESKOM (South Africa's national power supplier).

I did get to watch last night's DvD, Horrible Bosses,  starring Jenifer Aniston, though as we still had power!
It was brilliant!

Anyway that is all from me for today!  Have a delightful day further folk!

Signing off

Ciao
DAVE


No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day