Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wednesday writting


The hospice shop this morning (248 Blouberg Road)





Hi all!  How has your day been?

It has been sunny most of today here in Bloubergstrand (where my home is), and Tableview (where 248 Blouberg Road is) today.  The sun was shinning for most of the morning and early afternoon today, but the sun has gone now, and the sky is not full of rain clouds, and is mostly blue and clear, presently, but I suppose there is more rain on the way?

It was my Wednesday morning volunteer job this morning,  It was like most Wednesday mornings, at the St. Luke's. Hospice shop today. There was no water at the shop this morning because of the roadworks on Blouberg Road, thank goodness I am self catering regarding my morning tea!  The toilet was not flushable at the shop either but I hardly ever use it.  The other volunteers were a bit at a loss of how to get their morning tea, this morning.  I always take all my own stuff (self catering) I was really grossed out by a few cock roaches and other bugs I have seen in the kitchen at the shop on previous occasions.  Apparently according to some TV shows (How clean is your home?, etc) if your mugs/other eating utensils and crockery are not washed at a temperature of 50 degrees Celcius or more you are putting yourself at risk of getting a nasty virus.  If you are  hand washing your dishes the dish water, is never that hot or you would scorch your hands.  We have no dish washer at the shop!  Better safe than getting the cr?ps?

 The BBC prime series about the London Underground was on television once more last night.  Who knew it had so many maintanance jobs and workers doing odd jobs, like the fluffers, who clean up all the dust and other debris that build up in the underground's tunnels during the day.

Anyway that is all from me, until tomorrow!  Have a super day further folks!

Ciao
DAVE


No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day