Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Swiss miss?

Edelweiss was just a small regional Airline when I visited there (Zurich) in 2004.  My friend Gillian flew KLM via Amsterdam to get to Zurich and then on to Canada.  Should have flown Edelweiss from Cape Town it would have been quicker?  No waiting time at Schipol? Edelweiss fly Airbus A330's out of CPT and KLM uncomfortable Boeing 777's.
Your choice Swiss or Dutch?


Quote for today

Marti gave me a chocolate bar from Switzerland (Migros Supermarkets) yesterday on the way to the Winelands just as an Edelweiss A330 flew overhead.  Strange?


Hi all!  from a sunny, hot and beautiful western Cape South Africa.  It would have been a perfect day, but grumpy returns tonight for another 2 or 3 weeks!  Australia needs you Pete time to go home?

I was asked by a lady, Margaret, an ex-hospice volunteer, if I would like to volunteer for a charity that has just been set up in Melkbos, when I bumped into her while shopping at the Pick 'n Pay this morning.  Why have I not been approached by a mega business that need my assistance?  All work and no pay?  makes Dave a very interesting person?  Or something like that?!?  My destiny in life is clearly unpaid charity volunteering?  No problem with that!

There was an American family sitting in the ice cream parlour, in Franschoek, yesterday afternoon while I dined on my ice cream.  They were talking about their trip home via Heathrow whilst there.  We all listen in on other peoples conversations?!?  Why didn't they fly Delta direct to CPT miss out the Heathrow bit?  Maybe they do not know Delta Airlines and SAA fly from the USA non-stop to Cape Town?  When you know better, you do better?  Or something similar?

I am sorry to disappoint anyone reading my blog posts for today, but right now I gotta go!  My laptops battery is saying only 25 minutes left!  Have a super day further folks!

Signing off

Ciao
DAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day