Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

"There's a first for everything?"




Hi all!  How is your first March day going?

It is a super sunny and warm day here in Blouberg today!

We (South Africa) made the international news again today.  Thanks to the South African Police dragging the Malawian man down the street on the back of their police van and then him mysteriously dying in police custody.
Death of taxi driver
Taxi driver Mida Macia is shown being dragged along the road by a moving South African police van after he was handcuffed, with his limbs carried by police officers in in Daveyton, east of Johannesburg. He has died in custody. BBC 
- See more at: http://www.africareview.com/News/South-Africa-shock-as-police-dragging-video-man-dies/-/979180/1707232/-/i7pbtj/-/index.html#sthash.Cyr3Q2VC.dpuf
What a country.  I read once somebody's letter in a local magazine, regarding the SAP brutality and corruption, "how we are suppose to teach our children that if they are ever in danger they can go to the police but in South Africa the police are the danger!  Who can we trust?"
 I have personally been harassed twice by police asking me if I am drunk.  (one time I was selling Christmas cards for hospice and the other time I was taking a walk in the housing complex where I live!  Thank goodness for my Medic Alert tag!)  Can we finally put an end to people mistaking my slight disability for me being pissed?  I do not ever drink, I do not like the taste of alcohol!  One sip makes me want to puke!

Moving on...

A quote for today
"Never cut what you can untie" - Joseph Joubert

And now it's time for me to say adios amigos!  Till tomorrow?

Signing off
Ciao
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end of another day